Want to race with the best of the best? Here’s your chance.
For the first time ever in the Cross Country story, the World Cross Country Championships is open to people other than elite runners. If you can run fast enough, you can get the ultimate World Cross experience Saturday 30th March 2019 in Aarhus.
As a participant in The Search, you will receive the entire World Cross Country Championships Aarhus 2019 package:
• You start with the elite
• You have access to the same start and finish area as the elite
• You are called to start from “Call room” with the elite
• You are allowed to run side by side with World Cross Country Championships participants from more than 50 nations
• In other words, you are in the first place when the world’s best runners fight for the World Cross Country gold medal.
To participate in The Search, the following admission conditions apply:
• MEN: Within the last 12 months, you must have run an official 10K race in less than 33 minutes
• WOMEN: Within the last 12 months, you must have run an official 10K race in less than 37 minutes
• If you do not manage your cut-off times, you will be taken out of the race. For men, the cut-off time is 4.00 minutes, while for women it is set at 4.30 minutes.
How to sign up for The Search:
• Your initial registration is a registration for a draw, which means that you sign up for a pool from which there will be drawn lots for 200 slots (for men and women respectively).
• When signing up, enter your qualifying time, date and race where the time was reached (must be achieved in the period 1/4 2018 – 17 / 3 2019)
• We charge a fee upon registration (40 kr., Which will be deducted from the final start fee)
• If you do not win in the draw, 40 kr will also be deducted from the start fee on one of the other distances where you will be guaranteed a starting number
• We hope to see you on the start line with the world’s best runners
Saturday March 30th 2019
Women’s start time 12:00 hours
Men’s start time 13:00 hours
Call Room, 30 minutes prior to racestart
Reserved warmup area
Access to test the course Friday March 29th 2019
Check-in minimum two hours prior to racestart
Max participants: Limited numbers – total capacity in each race 400 including national team athletes
Expectedly more than 50 nations will participate
Age limit: from 18 y.o. and up
2 kilometer loop
Vertical meters: 75
The Roof = 250 meters of 10% incline/decline
Start and finish at beautiful Moesgaard Museum
Race course consists mainly of grass and mud. Spikes or trail shoes are recommended
Read more about the course HERE
A true WXC experience
Access to Mikkeller Cheering Tent
Split timing marked 2-3 places on the course¨
Your personal “The Roof” time (up and down the MOMU)
A unique WXC medal, sleeves and a WXC Aarhus 2019 mug*
Exclusive access to “The Roof”
Challenge zone photo. Our photographers are on call to immortalize your performance. Your picture, will be uploaded directly to the result page, where you will also be able to compare yourself to the rest of the WXC field.
Live tracking and online results
An opportunity to participate in unique Mikkeller practice sessions leading up to WXC
Refreshments consisting of Mikkeller beer, coffee, soda and water
* WXC Aarhus 2019 Mug to the first 3000 participants