LOOK FORWARD TO A WORLD-CLASS EVENT – AND YOU CAN WATCH IT LIVE
On Saturday March 30th 2019 Denmark is the host to one of running’s biggest championships – that is the World Cross Country Championships. And it is in the backyard of the city Aarhus. The World Cross Country Championships will be a spectacular event – and you can be a part of it – both as a spectator but also as a participant. Find more information here about what to look forward to as well as practical information such as parking and transport.
A World Championship for everyone!
On Saturday March 30th 2019 Aarhus is hosting the first World Cross Country Championships ever on Danish soil. It will also be the first time the event is open for participation from both recreational runners and elite runners.
The WXC 2019 will be a spectacular event – both for participants and spectators. The more we are, the more fun. Therefore entry to the Race Venue and Moesgaard Museum is free on the day of the event.
We hope that most have the courage and desire to participate themselves but you are also welcome to spectate and make your contribution to an atmosphere worthy of a World Championships. You get to see the best runners in the world fight for the World Championship title.
Lots of action, entertainment and attractions
As as participant and a spectator you can look forward to a Race Venue with plenty of action and festivities. And you can join in and create the atmosphere yourselves. Bring your best outfit, whether it is with your nation’s flag or something else, please come and contribute to the party. You are welcome!
There will be plenty of options for food and drinks during the day on Race Venue as Aarhus Food & Market will be there with many food trucks.
You also get to enjoy the different zones on the World Championship course that each contributes to making the course and Race Venue spectacular.
You can look forward to this among other things
- A huge Mikkeller fan zone tent with atmosphere and beer where the runners will pass through on the course
- A club zone where you can bring banners and other cheering accessories
- A 15 centimeter deep water pit
- A mud hole
- A 20 meter long sand pit
- A viking gauntlet
- The roof of Moesgaard Museum where you can look forward to hundreds of spectators ready to create an atmosphere just like a Tour De france stage on the Alpe d’Huez
- A berm at the bottom of the roof
We will make you as a participant and spectator do not get bored!
Check out many of the exciting course features here:
Under VM Cross den 30. marts er alle indfaldsveje til Moesgaard Museum spærret. Der vil blive indsat ekstra busser fra Aarhus, så det er let at komme direkte til arrangementet. Læs mere herunder og få overblik over, hvordan du kommer til stævnepladsen ved Moesgaard Museum.
GET AN OVERVIEW OF THE VENUE AS A SPECTATOR
Here you get an overview of the Race Venue on Google Maps and check out how to there.
TAKE THE BUS TO THE RACE VENUE
The fastest and most simple way to get to the Race Venue at Moesgaard Museum to watch the world’s fastest runners is to take the bus. There will be extra busses on the day between the centre of Aarhus and Moesgaard Museum so everybody can find their way to the World Cross Country Championships.
- Departure from Park Allé in Aarhus
- 2 departures per hour all day
- Arrives at Moesgaard Museum (Race Venue)
- Takes you back to Aarhus from the same stop at Moesgaard Museum
- Departure from Aarhus Central Station
- 2-4 departures per hour all day
- Arrives at Oddervej/Moesgaard Allé, and then it is a 5 minutes walk to Moesgaard Museum
- Takes you back to Aarhus from the same stop (Oddervej/Moesgaard Allé)
TAKE THE CAR TO THE RACE VENUE
All main access roads to Moesgaard Museum (Race Venue) will be blocked on March 30th. We recommend taking the bus – and if you take the car, use the 2 parking areas described below. We recommend carpooling to save parking slots.
- Address: Set the address to “Strandskovvej 2, 8270 Højbjerg”
- Parking area at Moesgaard Beach
- Parking security will be present all day
- 20 minutes walk to the Race Venue (course is marked)
PARKING AREA AT FIELD NORTH OF MOESGAARD MUSEUM – 1,3K WALK TO RACE VENUE
- Address: Set the address to “Ny Moesgårdvej 50, 8270 Højbjerg” but don’t turn right to Aarhus Golf Club – continue straight and the parking area will be on the left shortly after
- Parking area on the grass field north of Moesgaard Museum
- Parking security will be present all day
- 10 minutes walk to the Race Venue (course is marked)
RENT A CAR WITH EUROPCAR
Europcar welcomes all foreign participants and wishes to help you get to your race.
Europcar are happy to provide participants in need of rental cars and as car rental supplier to the event they offer special discount prices to the event participants.
Contact Europcar Denmark reservations center by e-mail: [email protected] and inform about the agreement and the contract number = 54 17 09 73 to get your discount prices.
TAKE THE BIKE TO THE RACE VENUE
Another good option to get to and from the Race Venue is to take the bike. There is 8,5 kilometers from Aarhus Central Station to Moesgaard Museum (Race Venue). Bicycle parking can be found right at Moesgaard Museum.
Rent a bicycle via Donkey-Bike:
- Rental price is 12,5 DKK for 30 minutes, 50 DKK for 2 hours, 70 DKK for 6 hours, 85 DKK for 12 hours and 100 DKK for a full day
- Rent the bicycle at one of the many bicycle-stops around in Aarhus
- Park your rented bicycle at the Donkey-Bike stop right at Moesgaard Museum
- Rent the bicycle again at Moesgaard Museum and ride back to Aarhus
- Simple, fast, sustainable and free exercise – it does not get any better than that