A World Cross Country Championship for everyone!
March 30 2019, Aarhus is hosting the first ever World Cross Country Championships on Danish soil. It’s also the first time, where the championships are open for everyone – both athletes and recreational runners.
The World Cross Country Championships 2019 will be a party never seen before in the sport – both for runners and spectators. The more people who join, the more fun it will be. Therefore, spectators have free access to the WXC-area and Moesgaard Museum on race day.
Of course, we encourage everyone to run the official course, but you are also welcome to join the event as spectator and contribute to the atmosphere yourself. At the same time, you also have the opportunity to watch the best runners in the world race for the gold medal.
Lots of entertainment along the way
Whether you run yourself or watch the race, you can expect a venue packed with entertainment and festive features. And you can even help create the atmosphere yourself! Whether you want to dress up, bring a foghorn or contribute otherwise to the party, you are very welcome.
There will be ample food facilities during the day, as we provide a wide range of food trucks from Aarhus Food & Marked.
In addition, we have also created different zones along the course, which contributes to a spectacular race and atmosphere.
You can look forward to:
- A big Mikkeller Fanzone tent crammed with great atmosphere, cheering fans and music. The course goes through the tent, which means all runners must pass.
- A Club Zone, where you can bring banners and foam fingers
- A 15 cm deep water pool – The Water Splash
- A mud pit – #MudIsOurTattoo
- A sand pit – Runners Grit
- A Viking Zone – The Viking Gauntlet
- The roof of Moesgaard Museum, where you can expect hundreds of people, who creates an atmosphere, as it was a warm Tour de France stage at the Alpe d’Huez.
- A berm at the foot of the roof, before the course is set against the finish line
We want to make sure, that you won’t get bored along the way!
Here is an overview of the course features: